Pages

Sunday 20 January 2013

Revlon Whipped Creme Makeup review!


Hi there! This is my first review ever! Hope you read it till the end :P

I have always loved foundations & would keep loving them forever.And this love of mine makes me search for the perfect one. It was a month ago that I came across Revlon whipped creme foundation. I had never heard of this one before so I was doubtful if buying it would be a good decision. But I am glad I did....umm.. not completely though...

PACKAGING- 


Comes in a jar with a black lid.
Though it looks classy but its a heavy (but that doesn't bother me :P)

SHADES- 
Website states that it comes in 12 shades-
Ivory, Buff, Sand Beige, Nude, Natural Beige, Medium Beige, Warm Golden, True Beige, Natural Tan, Early Tan, Rich Ginger and Caramel

In India 3 shades are available-
Natural Ochre, Warm golden, Natural tan


MY SHADE- The SA recommended the lightest of the 3 shades (Natural Ochre) available in India so I bought it. But I regret it isn't a match for me :(

Revlon whipped creme in Natural Ochre-




WHAT THE PRODUCT CLAIMS-
  • Finally, truly decadent makeup offers ultimate performance. The mousse-like texture feels like silk on your skin. And, the time release formula balances skin for a flawless look. All day flexible wear without flaking, caking or feeling heavy. 
  • Stays upto 24hrs (Wow)

MY EXPERIENCE-
Staying power-Everyone loves to see their makeup intact for as much as possible and that too without touch ups....isnt it?
This product claims to stay for upto 24hrs...what? I mean that claim is so exciting but who wants to wear makeup for that long (except when its your wedding :D ) 
Yeah so coming to the point, it does stay for 8 hrs or so but it starts fading after 6hrs because I dont use a primer ( silly me!) but its still enough for me.
I have a combination skin so results may very depending on your skin type and the weather. 

Product consistency-
Its creamy but hey wait! before you leave my blog let me tell you it glides on so easily on you skin,just like butter (but much better :D) 
When I first touched the product it felt as if its gonna give me a cakey look but that's 100% not!
Infact its one of the easiest foundation to apply and the finish is totally awesome :)

Coverage-
Medium-High
Its buildable without giving you a cakey look.


Finish-
Its gives a satin finish.


Application-
I felt it gives better results if stippling brush is used. Fingers work equally well.
Sponges didn't satisfy me so I wont use a sponge.

Suited for which skin type-
Definitely for normal,combination skin.
But heard people say it works fine with dry skin too.


Pros-
  1. Staying power is great.
  2. Covers imperfections quite well.
  3. Contains no paraben (Yay!)
  4. Has Salicylic acid (acne fighting ingredient)
  5. Blends really well.
  6. Gives a natural look (didn't give me because I got the wrong shade)


Cons-
  1. Jar is heavy and not very sanitary..
  2. The standard fluid ounces for the majority of foundations on the market is 1 oz. This foundation contains 0.8 oz so less product here.
  3. Price may be issue.
  4. Not easy to get your shade especially in India (why only 3 here?)
Swatch-





Blended -




 Price-
800INR



Will I buy again-
If I get a perfect shade.  


Recommended-

Yes


Please leave in your comments and suggestions :)
 







 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

About