Pages

Sunday 20 January 2013

Best textbooks for BDS 1st year!

So you have been selected in BDS and now you are confused what books to buy? Well I was in a similar condition and I ended up buying more books than I actually needed :P
So You have 5 subjects to handle in 1st yr (I can only say this for India) and the 6th one is dental material which you'll study both in 1st and 2nd year but you'll give its exam in 2nd year only.

1.Anatomy
B.D.Chaurasia (volume that includes head and neck)
Anand's anatomy for dental students

I liked both of them but I ended up studying more from Anand's anatomy because its layout and presentation is very catchy. You'll enjoy reading form it.

For embryology-
Inderber

Neuroanatomy-
Its given in B.D. chaurasia's head & neck volume but if you wanna study in detail you may read Inderber's neuroanatomy.




2.Physiology-
Guyton is a great one but too vast to study if you are not so studious (like me) so I would suggest
1. A.K.Jain physiology
2. Sembulingam's physiology (Choose the medical one because the dental one is too concise but may be enough for some)

Dental Histology-
Orbans (love it :*)
Okay so let me tell you your first reaction when you start with its 1st chapter "development of face and oral cavity" ... OMG! Its so tough.. i cant get anything out of it and blah blah! But relax! Dont care for the 1st chapter because all the other ones are explained in a simplified way. Infact dental histology was my favourite subject in 1st year. I even got highest marks many times :)
And yes! for the 'development of face' you can refer to Inderber embryology.


Another book I like is ten cates

Dental Anatomy-
Wheeler's dental anatomy
Dental anatomy & histology by Balajhi


Biochemistry-
I didn't like this subject at all

1.By satyanarayan (for dental. I wont suggest buying the medical one because its too vast)
2. Vasudevan (its concise and well presented)

Hope it helps :)








4 comments:

  1. can say any tips abt presentation in exam

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello.... iam also studying dentistry bt first year i hv exms in 2weeks feeling neverous nt able to conc on subjects cn u help me by gvng tips nd say me how to present answers in the exm

    ReplyDelete
  3. M so sorry for such a late reply.. I had shut down this blog actually.. n I hope u might be in 3rd yr right? :) All the best for future

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything was wonderful. We found our new dentist.Oakville Dentist

    ReplyDelete

 

Blogger news

About